10.12.2005

busy busy

i had a rather sucessful trip to ikea this weekend. maybe even very sucessful, because i found a piece of (office) furniture that will work almost exactly how i would like it to in my kitchen. i will finally have a modicum of actual counter space and two real drawers. Mark got almost a whole living room worth of furniture, and kristen and liz came back with good additions to their increasingly sweet house.

i have the cabinet thing halfway put together. it would probably be all the way together, except that i didn't start until 10pm last night and some of it does require a hammer, which i decided it was too late to do.

hopefully i will have everything done by friday morning, as my mother is bringing my grandmother into town on saturday to have lunch and see where i live, and i work on friday night. i also have to get some stuff done to my car on friday. spending all that money freaks me out, especially when (for the moment) the car is totally fine. however, the tires are pretty warn and i would prefer not to go ice skating this winter. i have never been able to do that very well, either in a car or on my feet.

it's homecoming this weekend also, and so i've had to rearrange my plans to replace part of homecoming with relatives. no biggie. it would have been cool to hang out at the game with sisters, but i haven't seen grandma in quite a while and was begining to have quite a self-imposed guilt trip about not going to see her. it's only about a two hour trip, i should really make more of an effort. hopefully i will be able to catch carrie sometime over the weekend anyway since she's making the trip up.

i really have to get my eyes checked. i'm a menace on the road at night. however, i also really need to find my insurance card in order to get my eyes checked. another reason to do this now...eye care is currently covered, and one never knows what might happen to semi-non-required benefits like that, especially since my coverage comes from a vaguely "self insured" company. like i need another thing to be paranoid about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home